Friday, January 25, 2008

Extra Practce News Story-- FIRE

Washington Boulevard Set Ablaze

The building on the corner of 21st and Washington in Ogden was set ablaze at around 2 o’clock yesterday afternoon. A small grease fire started the fire. Pedro’s Mexican Restaurant and the apartments above it were damaged in the fire. There were five people in the building when the fire started and all made it out alive. Deputy Fire Chief, Greg Chamberlain, said the fire was started on the ground floor in the restrant and spread quicky.

The owner of the building, Rachel Caluoun, had no comment for press.

Pedro Sanchez, owner of the restaurant, was cooking in the kitchen when a grease fire started on the stove. He and Michael Freeman, the only customer at the time, were able to get out with no harm. Miguel Sanchez, Pedro’s brother, and his two daughters, Maria Delmar 4 and Mercedes 2, also made it out. The girls were taken to McKay-Dee Hospital for smoke inhalation. Miguel was able to be treated for minor smoke inhalation at the scene.

Pedro has been in America with a working license for about two years. His brother Miguel has been here only six months and is waiting for his working visa paper work to finish. He would like to start to work in the restaurant with his brother. However, he can not until the paperwork is finished. Pedro said, "I like it here in America. I like my restaurant, people like it. I would like to keep it going and grow. My friends have offered to help me rebuild"

1 comment:

ambersw said...

Hey I really liked your story, it flowed quite well, your quote fit in perfectly and you got all the info. The second and third line of the first paragraph could use a little help but thats about it, good work.